20 Jan The Loggia
Posted at 09:25h in English events
The Loggia located on the main floor was closed by walls with windows before Zanvettori’s restoration. Inside were countless frescoes of which today survive some fragments.
Above the door is a monochrome illustration of Marcus Curtius, made and signed by Amico Aspertini, as well as the Roman Emperor, works dated between 1496 and 1503.
The Loggia, like the courtyard, is decorated with sculptures embedded in the wall or placed on the ground, various pieces from different places and not relevant to the phases of construction of the Rocca. The one exception is the capital of a pillar on which is found the symbol of the Sforza rampant lion.